The competition law team has extensive local and international experience in sectors such as online trade and distribution, transport, food & beverage, basic industry and entertainment, pharmaceuticals and energy. Its approach is based on the analysis of the competitive dynamics of the relevant markets and the regulatory environment.
We provide assistance and advice to clients:
- on cartel procedures, abuses, concentration control and other matters under the jurisdiction of the Italian Competition and Market Authority and the European Commission, and for appeals regarding sanctions before administrative and European Courts;
- on investigations and litigation, including civil litigation, relating to unfair commercial practices and abuses in business relations;
- on the competitive aspects of tenders, temporary consortia and JVs, and so-called self-cleaning programmes;
- on civil antitrust litigation (so-called private enforcement), both “follow-on” and “stand-alone”, and relating to wide-ranging competition issues;
- in the preparation and implementation of specific antitrust compliance and audit programmes within companies, with a view to prevention and remediation;
- in the notification of transactions subject to the control of foreign investment in Italy (Foreign Direct Investment).